Taking Control Of Your Diabetes (TCOYD), a San Diego based 501(c)3 non-profit organization, is seeking a CME Manager with excellent writing, editing, and organizational skills to join our team.
The TCOYD Team and Company Culture
Our team is compromised of a small group of excellent individuals who each contribute uniquely to TCOYD’s mission and overall vision. We are looking for someone to join and bond with the team. To get a better idea of who we are and what we do, visit our team page on our website.
About Taking Control Of Your Diabetes
Since 1995 TCOYD has been the name in the diabetes community when it comes to in-person events to motivate, educate and inspire individuals with diabetes and their loved ones to take a more active role in their health care.
TCOYD’s Continuing Medical Education programs are of the highest quality. From our unique Making the Connection CME program - which brings patients and providers together in the same learning environment and is proven to help increase communication and improve the doctor/patient relationship - to regional meetings and enduring webcast lectures, TCOYD’s CME programs provide quality and affordable education for diabetes healthcare professionals, including endocrinologists, primary care physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, nurses, certified diabetes care and education specialists, pharmacists, and any other healthcare professional looking to expand their knowledge of diabetes management.
The primary responsibility of this position is not only to continue to produce CME programs through TCOYD, but also expand the current reach. As a result of the COVID pandemic, many in-person events are moving to virtual platforms. TCOYD is at a critical juncture of integrating virtual content with in-person events (when these can resume). Therefore, we are seeking a self-directed and innovative person that can take the CME “arm” of TCOYD forward.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Work with Director of Medical Content (Dr. Jeremy Pettus), and Founder and Director (Dr. Steven V. Edelman) in seeking out and/or creating potential funding opportunities
- Write grant proposals, create and manage budgets, reconcile budgets
- Work closely with ACCME and ACPE accreditors for all CME opportunities (including obtaining approval for print documents, eblasts, and all program content
- Co-create with TCOYD’s marketing and graphic design staff marketing pieces
- Co-create pre-test questions with the medical directors for outcomes measurement,
- Manage faculty: schedules, disclosures, content deadlines
- Create and manage event registration portal and participant registrations and inquiries through Cvent Event Management
- Manage reporting from events for event outcomes
Skills & Abilities:
Salary & Benefits:
- Several years of experience in the CME field.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to prioritize work in order to handle multiple projects at once and meet deadlines.
- Keen sense of professionalism and effective communication skills (email and in person).
- Ability to thrive in a team environment as well as to work independently.
- Advanced in Microsoft Office Suite
- Advanced with Mac computers
- Proficient with Google Drive
- Proficient/Advanced with Zoom
- Familiar with Salesforce CRM
- Familiar with drafting required invoices
- Depending on the COVID situation, required travel on pre-determined weekends to all in-person conferences (Monday and Tuesday’s off post conference days). There are no in-person events scheduled through the end of 2020 – all conferences through the end of 2020 are virtual.
- This is an in-office position with the option for flexible working hours; however, due to COVID, the ability to work remotely is currently permitted
- Competitive salary package based on experience.
- 401K and Cafeteria Plan.
- Health and dental benefits.
- Vacation, holidays, sick days, personal days.
- Fun, positive, interactive office environment located in beautiful Solana Beach, CA.
To Apply: Send resume and cover letter to: Steve@tcoyd.org