Indiana University has an opportunity for The Director of Continuing Medical Education (CME). You will oversee a highly specialized unit that impacts physician and other health care providers learning, performance, and patient health outcomes. The Director provides leadership and collaborates regularly with all the health science schools on all matters related to continuing education among health care providers in Indiana.
The CME office has the ability to impact the improvement of the patient experience; improving the health of populations; and reducing the per capita cost of health care. The CME office is responsible for assisting in the enablement of Interprofessional Education opportunities. The CME office is the accredited provider for physician education for IU Health and Eskenazi Health.
Learn more about his position.
- Establishing policies, procedures and practices to ensure compliance with Joint Accreditation (JA) criteria and policies, Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) Standards for Commercial Support, and AMA requirements
- Provide leadership and direction for interprofessional continuing education, accreditation issues, and review and resolve legal and ethical issues
- Oversee program management and operations, including but not limited to supervision, evaluation, and development of staff
- Develop goals and annual budget, and has fiscal responsibility for operating the program with the goal of full cost recovery
- Conduct needs assessments and gap analyses, apply principles of adult education to CME design, and develop educational outcomes measurement tools and processes
- Conduct training and other continuous quality improvement efforts for CME staff, physicians, and key CME planners throughout IUSM to improve the CME planning and documentation processes
- Foster and produce ongoing CME scholarship from the work of IUSM CME program in collaboration with the departments and IU Health
- Provide high level reports on health professionals education and outcomes by conducting program evaluations to assess quality improvement efforts of learners