Loyola University Chicago
***To be considered, please apply online, at: http://www.careers.luc.edu/postings/10690
Course Management: 25%
- Advise faculty, staff, administration and external agencies regarding organization and conduct in CME accredited courses.
- Coordinate planning process, set priorities and organize implementation for CME courses.
- Counsel and direct course directors and course faculty regarding all details of the course (e.g. advise/adhere to ACCME/SSOM/LUHS/Illinois Department of Professional Regulations (ILDPR) policies and federal laws, budget, course materials, logistics, public/alumni relations, CME credit reporting to required internal departments).
- Resolve problems and respond to questions from external agencies and SSOM/LUHS departments.
- Manage process and secure accreditation from outside professional societies.
- Implement and maintain accreditation compliance policies/procedures to assure that Stritch School of Medicine (SSOM) remains an institution accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- Implement and maintain all SSOM/Loyola University Health System (LUHS) policies/procedures and federal laws are obeyed.
- Direct and advise all entities that joint- and co-sponsor courses with SSOM to maintain and assure their compliance with all institutional, ACCME and federal policies/procedures and laws.
- Direct and advise all entities providing educational grants in support of courses to maintain and assure their compliance with all SSOM/LUHS and ACCME standards for commercial support policies and resolution of conflict of interest procedures.
- Maintain highest standard of confidentiality in all matters pertaining to SSOM/LUHS physician records.
- Participate in ACCME self-study process and site visit. Responsible for preparing required materials, assuring files are current and compliant, etc.
- Coordinate courses with outside event planning groups employed by LUHS departments.
- Support special projects for department manager and director of continuing Medical Education.
Fiscal Administration: 5%
- Manage course budgets and trouble-shoot expense issues.
- Support the Assistant Director of CME regarding CME related budget planning and documentation.
- Utilize institutional software in support of business operations.
Quality improvement: 10%
- Calculate assessment results, summarize, prepare and distribute evaluation reports to course directors, department manager and CME division.
- Coordinate outcome survey process. Responsibilities include assist course director in developing survey questions, design survey instrument using web-based survey program, input of questions and generate outcome reports.
- Participate in lifelong learning activities to improve knowledge and stay on the forefront of CME best practices.
- Incorporate institutional quality improvement survey results to guide faculty development programs.
Technology and Innovation: 30%
- Instruct new SSOM/LUHS physicians on scan-in credit system for ongoing CME courses. Encode physicians’ Loyola ID to enable use in system using AMC712 encoding equipment and software.
- Support the onboarding, implementation, editing, and maintenance of learning management system for the Division of CME.
- Coordinate efforts to establish and maintain maintenance of certification (MOC) offerings through SSOM/LUHS and assure compliance with all SSOM/LUHS, ACCME and Specialty Board policies/procedures.
- Facilitate the repository of enduring materials and assure necessary paperwork completed as it relates to copyright, intellectual property, and other related documentation deemed necessary.
- Assist with streaming, recording, and editing of events supported by CME.
- Design, format, edit, maintain and publish course materials and databases (promotional materials, CME web page, syllabi, schedules, assignments, exams, evaluations) for CME courses.
- Experience specifically with Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) policies and guidelines for accreditation is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education or related field, supplemented with 3-5 years of previous job-related experience.
Learn more and apply