Children's Hospital Los Angeles
The CME Coordinator is a member in the Office of Academic Affairs (OOAA) who develops and executes all aspects of Continuing Medical Education (CME) programs sponsored by Children’s Hospital of Los Angeles (CHLA). The CME Coordinator functions within the guidelines of the American Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) under the auspices of the CHLA and in collaboration with the faculty medical director.
Primary responsibility for tracking and maintaining physician and participant hours for Category 1 credit and processing all evaluation forms for committee review. Qualified candidate must be a self-starter with attention to detail; able to handle multiple projects, flexible, professional, and a high level of computer literacy and ability to quickly learn new software.
Secondary responsibility for maintaining all regulatory and departmental records, minutes and activity files in strict compliance with ACCME Guidelines. Incumbent is responsible for CME activity speaker correspondence and follow-up. Serve as a liaison for department administration and the CME Committee with coordinating monthly on-site CME activities. Prepares CME Committee agenda packet, attends and writes minutes of the meeting and all follow-up memos, letters, etc.
The CME Coordinator will be responsible for the following:
- Developing and implementing CME activities in various formats such as a journal and/or the Internet, according to departmental and ACCME policies, standards and regulations.
- Monitoring ACCME regulatory affairs
- Managing MOC activites
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent in related experience.
- CME professional experience preferred or 3-4 years advanced administrative experience in an educational, academic, medical or non-profit environment.
- Experience in meeting planning and/or working with an accredited provider of professional education.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, organizational ability and time management skills
- Applicant must be very professional in dealing with Children’s Hospital Los Angeles faculty and outside vendor.
Learn more about this position.